New Senator Tuberville Seems to Lack Basic Knowledge of World War IIBreaking News
tags: Senate, Alabama, World War 2, historical ignorance
Tommy Tuberville may have gotten an “A” from Alabama voters Tuesday night, but likely earned an “F” from history teachers.
Tuberville described how his father was a part of “liberating Paris from socialism and communism.”
Americans liberated France from German Nazis – facists, not socialists, nor communists.
It wasn’t his first “historic” gaffe. During the campaign, Jones criticized Tuberville for not knowing what the Voting Rights Act was.
comments powered by Disqus
- Democrats Introduce Legislation to Strike Slavery Exception in 13th Amendment
- How the 1968 Presidential Transition Compares to Today’s
- The Legacy Of Tunney Lee: Preserving The History Of Boston's Chinatown
- Campaigners Launch Legal Challenge Over Stonehenge Road Tunnel
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The Ghosts of Segregation
- From Cholera To Seat Belts: History Of Americans Reacting To Public Health Messages
- The Story of a 1970s Mississippi Textbook that Changed how Students Learned about their Past
- Can Trump Change A Key Census Count? Supreme Court Hears His Claim
- A Massive New Effort to Name Millions Sold into Bondage during the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- Social Media 'Misinformation' Endangers Democracy, Historians Say